• The questioner has marked this post as solved.

Swisscom's dynamic DNS service

DynDNS2023
Level 1
1 of 4

hello,

I am not too literate about network configurations so I hope my question is clear enough

For setting up a VPN connection I'd like to have a Dynamic DNS service using the configuration pages of the internetbox.

Under manage network settings, tab DynDNS,  I entered the desiredname.internet-box.ch and for every attempt I received either the message "the service cannot connect with the dynamic DNS server" or "

The DNS name is already in use. Please select another name"

Should the name be defined on a dedicated Swisscom user page? I can't find any information about this.

Thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION 1

Accepted Solutions
DynDNS2023
Level 1
4 of 4

solved

reset of the router, that's all it took.

somehow the option stopped working as it should

3 Comments 3
Black Mamba
Super User
2 of 4

@DynDNS2023 

this discussion can help

Solved: DynDNS on LTE router with CAA | Swisscom Community

I called the hotline and a super nice supporter activated CAA forme (5CHF/month) for all my multi sim.
I tested it with a secondary data-only sim and it worked flawlessly.

I had to change the APN to corporate.swisscom.ch (empty user, empty password), disconnect my router (or just reboot it) and I got a publicly routable IP, which means I can now run my VPN server, DynDNS and all I want...

Un "Like" fait toujours plaisir / Valider une réponse comme "Solution"
Un "Like" fait toujours plaisir / Valider une réponse comme "Solution"
DynDNS2023
Level 1
3 of 4

thank you @Black Mamba, it's partially relevant as I see a different user configuration.

I am using a Swisscom box2 router which by default should enable the Dynamic DNS by itself but it does't work
(the option is in fact available in the router settings pages, those reachable at http://192.168.1.1)

DynDNS2023
Level 1
4 of 4

solved

reset of the router, that's all it took.

somehow the option stopped working as it should