• The questioner has marked this post as solved.

Connecting new Swisscom Cable box to TV box

Ponk
Level 1
1 of 6

Hello all

I am considering getting rid of my Uk Sky TV package and installing Swisscom Blue TV.

One consideration is that I have a basement where I have a gaming PC setup, this is where my current Yetnet cable modem is.  I also have a cable outlet near the TV.

If I were to switch to Swisscom, would the new Swisscom Cable modem have to be installed here, and a cable then ran upstairs and across the floor to the TV box, or would I be able to get a 2nd box to be connected to the outlet near the TV, making connection to the TV box much easier!

The other option is to put the new cable modem near the TV, but then I still need to run a cable downstairs to the PC.

Thanks for your advice.

ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS 3

Accepted Solutions
bitracer
Super User
2 of 6

It depends where DSL or Fiber connection is terminated. You can connect the secondary set-top box wirelessly. You don’t necessarily need to run cables.

Black Mamba
Super User
3 of 6

@Ponk 

> ... If I were to switch to Swisscom, would the new Swisscom Cable modem have to be installed here, and a cable then ran upstairs and across the floor to the TV box ...

for installation of the Ethernet cable to connect a WLAN-Box or TV-Box, a Swisscom-certified installer can help if required (at a charge!) Apps & services - Help & Support | Swisscom

The simple solution for the best WLAN throughout your home: With the Swisscom WLAN-Boxes, you can boost, optimise and expand your WLAN at the touch of a button.

Boost, optimise and extend the range of your WLAN | Swisscom

> ... or would I be able to get a 2nd box to be connected to the outlet near the TV, making connection to the TV box much easier! ...

Multiroom Max / For up to 4 additional TVs
Includes all the functions of your TV subscription
Can also be used in a second home

blue TV App for PC, tablet and mobile phone | Swisscom

Un "Like" fait toujours plaisir / Valider une réponse comme "Solution"
bitracer
Super User
5 of 6

That’s pretty common deal. Occasionally you have discounts on TV sets or Apple TVs.

5 Comments 5
bitracer
Super User
2 of 6

It depends where DSL or Fiber connection is terminated. You can connect the secondary set-top box wirelessly. You don’t necessarily need to run cables.

Black Mamba
Super User
3 of 6

@Ponk 

> ... If I were to switch to Swisscom, would the new Swisscom Cable modem have to be installed here, and a cable then ran upstairs and across the floor to the TV box ...

for installation of the Ethernet cable to connect a WLAN-Box or TV-Box, a Swisscom-certified installer can help if required (at a charge!) Apps & services - Help & Support | Swisscom

The simple solution for the best WLAN throughout your home: With the Swisscom WLAN-Boxes, you can boost, optimise and expand your WLAN at the touch of a button.

Boost, optimise and extend the range of your WLAN | Swisscom

> ... or would I be able to get a 2nd box to be connected to the outlet near the TV, making connection to the TV box much easier! ...

Multiroom Max / For up to 4 additional TVs
Includes all the functions of your TV subscription
Can also be used in a second home

blue TV App for PC, tablet and mobile phone | Swisscom

Ponk
Level 1
4 of 6

Hi, thanks for the feedback so far.  My wireless router has a long cable from the modem and is located in the living room, about 4m from the TV, so a wireless signal to the box would probably work just fine.

I plan to make the switch in end Aug, mid Sep.  Do you know if the current deal (TV for 6 months free) is a typical deal that will last until then, or is likely to end soon and I should already sign up?

bitracer
Super User
5 of 6

That’s pretty common deal. Occasionally you have discounts on TV sets or Apple TVs.

Black Mamba
Super User
6 of 6

@Ponk 

> ... Do you know if the current deal (TV for 6 months free) is a typical deal that will last until then, or is likely to end soon and I should already sign up? ...

It's hard to say how long this offer will last

Take advantage of the blue TV XL including blue Premium now

Ask the Swisscom Hotline directly

Residential customers: contact us via call, chat, text | Swisscom

or free phone number 0800 800 800