• The questioner has marked this post as solved.

Deleting e-mails

Veruppei26
Level 1
1 of 2

For some reason, the inbox on the Swisscom site does not react when I delete e-mails on my computer at home.

So it keeps all of them ... whilst it looks like I have about 1000 e-mails in my computer inbox, on the Swisscom site, I have over 28'000!

I got a message saying my inbox was 99% full, threatening to not allow me to receive any more.

I obviously want to delete literally thousands (tens of thousands) of old e-mails off the Swisscom site but when I go to do this I can only do it 25 per page at a time (or all of them but obvs I want to keep some, well the roughly 1000 or so I have on my computer still).

Is there any way of either (a) changing the "page" size from 25 to a bigger number of e-mails

or (b) deleting all e-mails that I received before a certain date?

It's a big boring job to try to all 28'000 of them 25 at a time so any help would be most gratefully received.

Thanks

Regards

Edited
ACCEPTED SOLUTION 1

Accepted Solutions
Gaeilgeoir
Super User
2 of 2

@Veruppei26 I suppose you coupled your computer via POP3 instead of IMAP, the consecquence is that mails even if are deleted on your local client remain in the server, so if you take a look in your Webmail (I thinks that what you're meaning when yo're writing "Swisscom site") all these locally deleted mails are still, so consider the usage of the IMAP protocoll, when setting up Bluewin mail in your e-mail client.

You can change the number listed on the Webmail page from 25 to maximum "100" (see the image below). Settungs -> E-mail -> list size

Gaeilgeoir_0-1712868341567.png

Agus fágaimid siúd mar atá sé.
1 Comment 1
Gaeilgeoir
Super User
2 of 2

@Veruppei26 I suppose you coupled your computer via POP3 instead of IMAP, the consecquence is that mails even if are deleted on your local client remain in the server, so if you take a look in your Webmail (I thinks that what you're meaning when yo're writing "Swisscom site") all these locally deleted mails are still, so consider the usage of the IMAP protocoll, when setting up Bluewin mail in your e-mail client.

You can change the number listed on the Webmail page from 25 to maximum "100" (see the image below). Settungs -> E-mail -> list size

Gaeilgeoir_0-1712868341567.png