• The questioner has marked this post as solved.

Payment in installments Can you pay in full?

MikeWardPT
Level 2
1 of 10

Hey there guys, 

so long story short

I've had a friend that decided come to try a new life in Switzerland, he did an Abo with mobile in installments in the name of my girlfriend because he didnt had yet the permit B.

so now he left to his country, and he's not paying the bills wich are in my girlfriends name this is going to (Betriebs) so to avoid it we payed what he didnt payed...

my question is, If we retrive the phone and give back to swisscom could we cancel the abo?

PS: in the swisscom app my girlfriend is the HOLDER but has he's name on his own Rechnungs on his name,

We already contacted swisscom to see if it was possible to separate him from my girlfriends account but its not possible.

ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS 2

Accepted Solutions
Gaeilgeoir
Super User
2 of 10

@MikeWardPT That's not possible, at least until the minimum term of the subscription has expired, I would see it as confirmed by Swisscom. Maybe it would work if you paid the entire cost of the phone and the subscription costs until the end of the minimum term, but I assume you don't want that.

Agus fágaimid siúd mar atá sé.
Gaeilgeoir
Super User
9 of 10

@MikeWardPT There are two things, the one are installments for the phone, there other is the remaining amount for the subscription. I assume he got the cell phone for a reduced price because he took out a subscription, regardless of whether he paid it off in installments or not. This means that the remaining amount for the phone and the remaining amount for the subscription must be paid by the end of the minimum term.

Example: The subscription has been running for 6 months, to cancel the subscription now, you still have to pay the subscription costs for the next 6 months to end the contract now, i.e. 6 times the monthly subscription costs. 

In this case, plus the costs for the remaining unpaid installments for the phone. Installments and subscription are linked.

Personal tip to everyone reading here: Never, I repeat never, take out a subscription with or without installment payments for a device on your account for a person outside the household//close family members. In the word case scenario, you will be stuck with the costs yourself.

Edited
9 Comments 9
Gaeilgeoir
Super User
2 of 10

@MikeWardPT That's not possible, at least until the minimum term of the subscription has expired, I would see it as confirmed by Swisscom. Maybe it would work if you paid the entire cost of the phone and the subscription costs until the end of the minimum term, but I assume you don't want that.

MikeWardPT
Level 2
3 of 10

Yeah i dont want it...  i need to go futher into this i cant be paying something im not using....

the minimum term would be like what? 1 year?

Gaeilgeoir
Super User
4 of 10

@MikeWardPT Which Abo it is? In MySwisscom you can find the details of the contract.

MikeWardPT
Level 2
5 of 10

He have Blue mobile M

bitracer
Super User
6 of 10

Try to find use for the subscription and the phone if you manage to retrieve it.

You can try to sell the phone to cover part of the loss.

Edited
Gaeilgeoir
Super User
7 of 10

@MikeWardPT All necessary concerning cancellation you find here:

Cancel or suspend subscription - Help | Swisscom

Please be aware of the "Minimum contracr term" part and "two months notice".

Gaeilgeoir_0-1704962373375.png

MikeWardPT
Level 2
8 of 10

So he can just pay the full amount of the phone, and then do the minimum term right?

Gaeilgeoir
Super User
9 of 10

@MikeWardPT There are two things, the one are installments for the phone, there other is the remaining amount for the subscription. I assume he got the cell phone for a reduced price because he took out a subscription, regardless of whether he paid it off in installments or not. This means that the remaining amount for the phone and the remaining amount for the subscription must be paid by the end of the minimum term.

Example: The subscription has been running for 6 months, to cancel the subscription now, you still have to pay the subscription costs for the next 6 months to end the contract now, i.e. 6 times the monthly subscription costs. 

In this case, plus the costs for the remaining unpaid installments for the phone. Installments and subscription are linked.

Personal tip to everyone reading here: Never, I repeat never, take out a subscription with or without installment payments for a device on your account for a person outside the household//close family members. In the word case scenario, you will be stuck with the costs yourself.

Edited
MikeWardPT
Level 2
10 of 10

Thank you, so even if its possible to fully pay the phone we still need to pay the rest of the amount till end of the contract which is september.

at least i talked with him and he gave the money that we payed earlier, and assumed as he is paying till september lets hope he keeps his word..

To everyone follow this like @Gaeilgeoir said! 

"Personal tip to everyone reading here: Never, I repeat never, take out a subscription with or without installment payments for a device on your account for a person outside the household//close family members"

@Gaeilgeoir wrote: