• The questioner has marked this post as solved.

Zyxel pm7300 and netgear orbi

Beihiolef16
Level 1
1 of 8

Hello everyone,

I have a XGS-PON FTTH connection at home and I'm planning to use a Zyxel PM7300 bridge to front a netgear orbi system. My understanding of how to setup the network is the following:

1. On the Zyxel PM7300 I configure a broadband connection with VLAN 010
  2. On the netgear orbi router I configure  the DHCP 60 option with this content: 100008,0001

I have a few doubts for which I'd like to have some clarity though:

1. Since I want the netgear router to do the DHCP for the LAN, I would deactivate the DHCP on the Zyxel PM7300, correct? I'm not sure the PM7300 even has the DHCP for LAN, in which case I wouldn't need to deactivate it.
  2. Should I configure VLAN 010 also on the netgear router?
  3. The DHCP 60 option has to be configured on the netgear router right? And exactly with the string "100008,0001"? Because I've read some threads in which the string also contains the producer name, e.g., 100008,0001,ZYXEL
  4. What static IP should I configure for the Zyxel PM7300? An IP in the same subnet of the Netgear orbi (although outside of the DHCP LAN range)? An IP in a different subnet instead? Does it even matter which IP I put since the Zyxel PM7300 is in bridge mode?
  5. In case of problems, I know that I could clone the MAC address of the current Swisscom router. Should I do this on the  Zyxel 7300 or on the netgear router?

Thank you for any responses!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION 1

Accepted Solutions
Beihiolef16
Level 1
8 of 8

There was a problem on the network side of Swisscom. They fixed it and now I can connect everything without any problems.

Thanks for helping!

7 Comments 7
Black Mamba
Super User
2 of 8

@Beihiolef16 

Need help with a technical issue or with setting up or installing a device? My Service professionals will support you by phone, at home or in the Shop.

Swisscom My Service – Help | Swisscom

Un "Like" fait toujours plaisir / Valider une réponse comme "Solution"
Un "Like" fait toujours plaisir / Valider une réponse comme "Solution"
bitracer
Super User
3 of 8

Put the Zyxel in bridge mode, the rest is fine. No need to clone the MAC address if you registered the Zyxel.

Edited
Beihiolef16
Level 1
4 of 8

I'm having problems with the setup. I connect the Zyxel PM7300 to the PON, and access the web interface via ethernet. The point is that whatever setting I use, the PON led is always off, whereas the LOS led is red (PON transceiver powered down).

I tried to configure the broadband connection both as router (with VLAN 010 and DHCP 60 100008,0001) and as bridge, but the PON led is always off and the LOS led is always red.

What am I doing wrong?

bitracer
Super User
5 of 8

Did you check the line using the Swisscom router?

Beihiolef16
Level 1
6 of 8

Yes, the Swisscom router works properly on the line

bitracer
Super User
7 of 8

That’s curious. To which port on the IB did you connect it? The purple SC connector integrated one of the SFP using the green LC connector?

What is your current Swisscom Internet subscription (blue M/L)?

Edited
Beihiolef16
Level 1
8 of 8

There was a problem on the network side of Swisscom. They fixed it and now I can connect everything without any problems.

Thanks for helping!