MyCloud "More suggestions"

Fleutzugeff88
Level 1
1 of 4

Hello everyone!

Today i wanted to share a folder in my MyCloud with some friends of mine.

While testing with someone, they send me a screenshot that at the bottom they get "More Suggestions" and then see pictures from different folders which i have not shared. They are also able to press on these pictures and get into the folders.

They are not logged in to any account, not mine nor any other.

I don't want that other people are able to see these pictures.

I tested it myself in incognito mode and different browsers but never got this "More Suggestions" field.

Can you guys tell me how i can turn this off or if it is just a bug, that she gets these suggestions?

I think this is a security flaw.

Thanks for your help and best regards.

Edited
3 Comments 3
Black Mamba
Super User
2 of 4

@Fleutzugeff88 

Follow the instructions on this help page to avoid the problem.

Using the myCloud desktop & app – Help | Swisscom

myCloud share.jpeg

Un "Like" fait toujours plaisir / Valider une réponse comme "Solution"
Un "Like" fait toujours plaisir / Valider une réponse comme "Solution"
Fleutzugeff88
Level 1
3 of 4

@Black Mamba 

Thank you, but that is what i did.

I shared the link that way, allowed them to add content themselves becuase they have some pictures i want on the cloud and set the expiry to "never".

Yet the problem still occurs, but just by one person right now.

Thanks for your help.

LeylaG
4 of 4

Hello @Fleutzugeff88 

Here is the feedback from our myCloud expert:

"More Suggestions" is only visible "for yourself" when you are logged in and always refers to your own myCloud account and your photos saved within myCloud.

I assume therefore that the shared album was probably bookmarked by a recipient of the shared link which was also logged in with a myCloud account. In this case it could be possible that "Suggestions" was visible for albums related to their own photos saved within myCloud.

Otherwise were not aware about any problem there yet ,so it would be great if it could be checked and ensured how the received link is exactly opened (if the receiver was logged in or not), possibly with the help of a screenshot where the problem gets visible.

Let us know, thanks.

Cordialement, best regards
Leyla (modératrice, moderator)
Cordialement, best regards
Leyla (modératrice, moderator)